Monday, April 06, 2009

Fool me can't get fooled again

I'm not American. But hell, it's a free internet, isn't it? So I'm going to Opine. Barrack Obama is better than George W. Bush, and here's why. He's a slimy politician. That means he says one thing and does another (what most of us would call "lying"). Okay, perhaps he's a bit more sincere than most, but power corrupts, as they say... you can't climb the greasy pole without getting a bit oily.

So why do I prefer him? Because if I'm going to be deceived, lied to, misdirected, and politicked generally, then I'd rather it be done by someone with the brains to carry out the scheme successfully. There GWB falls flat. If I were an American, I'd want someone on my side who was shrewd, devious, capable of pulling the wool over "them"'s eyes. Someone like Bill Clinton, in fact.

Sure, we can admire GWB for his straight-talking, shoot-from-the-hip style, even if we disagree with what he says (and I most vehemently do). But as president? Pull the other one. Oh wait, you already did...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home